Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bailamos!

Si! Estoy hablando en espanol.
Whyyy, you may wonder? Argentina-- THAT's why. So this week my fascination is with Argentina and Spanish speaking cultures in general.
Reason 1: I speak Spanish. Barely. But I'm also currently taking a Spanish class, so that helps.
Reason 2: This is where the dance, the 'Tango', originated. I LOVE dancing. Not trashy dancing, mind you, but swing-waltz-foxtrot-mambo-tango-(ish) dancing.
Reason 3: The brand 'Patagonia'apparently got its name from a region in Argentina (and Chile). And that's just plain cool. And mountainous, actually.
What I want is a list of local recommendations and a week of wondering though the streets and culture, listening to the language, and NOT in a hurry to go anywhere or do something.
This is a picture from the Patagonia region of Argentina. Ohhhh how lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you're right, it's gorgeous. I could totally go to Argentina...

    ReplyDelete