Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Land of the Vikings

And no, I don't mean Minnesota. In fact, I'm an avid Green Bay Packers fan, so in any other instance I would never mention the Vikings in a positive light. Well, except Brett Favre.... I digress.

I want to visit Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland! I know, I know. You're thinking "Iceland? That little island somewhere in the middle of the map, covered in ice?" Well no, that's Greenland. But Iceland's right next to it.
There's just something about the remoteness of it all. And the ruggedness. This is the land of the Vikings-- the Nordic people-- surrounded by the sea and the cliffs and the ice... annnd Reykjavik also has about 200,000 people, so it's a pretty modern, tourist friendly city too.
Also. Blame it all on the new book I'm reading, "The Geography of Bliss." It's what has been giving me all of these crazy travel ideas...

So, who's game?

1 comment:

  1. Dude. I found a cruise that goes from NY to Iceland and some other places in Scandinavia...

    ReplyDelete